Call to Artists
The Winter Garden Art Association (WGAA) invites artists to participate in monthly exhibits which feature a variety of subjects, media, and styles. Themes are announced several months prior to the exhibit deadlines. To learn more about our past and upcoming shows please visit our Exhibitions page.
The list of works accepted for our next exhibition will be linked here along with the framing guidelines.
Please submit your work by completing the form on this page between the 1st – 8th days of the month prior to the opening of an exhibition. Artwork submitted at other times during the month will not be included in our review process.Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about the submission process.
We encourage artists whose work has been accepted for an exhibition to join us for the Exhibit Opening Reception and Meet the Artist, held on the first Thursday of the first month of the exhibition from 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
REQUIREMENTS AND ARTIST AGREEMENT: Before submitting artwork for an exhibit, please read the following requirements. It is recommended that you PRINT THESE REQUIREMENTS for reference as you prepare your submission.
- All works entered must be original concept and design. No prints or works done in a class or workshop that are images or designs of other artist should be submitted. Photography must be of fine art quality.
- All entries uploaded should be in digital jpg format if possible, no larger than 3 MB or smaller than 1MB.
- Artists may submit up to 2 entries: none, one, or both may be chosen for the exhibition.
- Please Label each image you submit in the format:
- Last Name, First Name_Title, Medium, Size (For Example: Doe, John_ Flying Fish, Oil on Canvas, 16 x 20 )
- STANDARD FEE- $5.00 for WGAA Members and $10 for non-members or guest artists. Due at the time of drop-off. This fee may vary for specific shows, such as the Annual Top Choice Juried Exhibition.
- PRESENTATION STANDARDS:
- Two dimensional pieces must be framed or have a finished gallery edge and be ready for hanging. Wire hanging system is preferred over sawtooth hangers. Works dropped off without anyway means of hanging may be disqualified and not be hung in the exhibition.
- Three dimensional, sculpture, clay, fiber, etc. works are encouraged and on occasion may need to be accompanied by appropriate stands that will be returned.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE - If your work is accepted you will be notified via email after the 15th of the month If you have not been notified you may inquire by emailing us after the 15th of the month at firstname.lastname@example.org or by checking the list of accepted artwork above.
- SALES-All artwork submitted should be for sale. The artist agrees to pay a 30% commission to WGAA. When a piece is sold while on exhibit in the gallery, or as a direct result of being displayed at the gallery, the Artist will receive 70% of the sales price and the WGAA to receive 30%. If artwork is sold by the Artist during the exhibition, the Artist agrees to the said commission rate to WGAA.
- LIABILITY- Please note: No insurance is provided for any artwork in the exhibit and is the sole responsibility of the artists. Submission of work constitutes an agreement in which the artist agrees to hold harmless the WGAA’s Volunteers and the Board of Directors from any liability in connection the works of art while on exhibit except for gross negligence.
- The artist gives permission to WGAA to use photos of displayed artwork in any promotional materials.
Details, Dates, and Deadlines for Future Exhibitions.
April 3rd - 28th, 2018
Out on a Limb: Seeking artist interpretation of “Out on a Limb” in all media. Possibilities include but not limited to nature and the idea of being fearless.
Eligibility: Central Florida artists 16 years and older
Dates of Exhibition: April 3rd - 28th, 2018
Submit Artwork: March 1st - 8th
Notification of Acceptance: March 15th
Delivery of Artwork: Saturday, March 31st, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Opening Reception & Meet the Artist: Thursday, April 5th, 5:30 – 8:00 pm
Pick-up Unsold Artwork: Sunday, April 29th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm